The Astellar turntable is the ultimate.
Reduced to the absolute maximum performance. The Astellar is the essence of 33 years of turntable design and evolution in the APOLYT and finds its cumulation in an all-new turntable concept.
The task was to transfer the relevant and unique design features of the extremely large and heavy APOLYT into a considerably more compact and feasible format – without losing even the tiniest aspect of the all-alone sonic level provided.
All the design features and inventions that defined the unique apogee level of the APOLYT’s sonic performance have now been incorporated into a much more compact and positively matured new design.
The ASTELLAR is the design result of “the road of excess leading to the palace of wisdom.”
A turntable second to no other – in its concept and sonic performance on a par with the APOLYT and superior to all others.
- A unique 36 (thirty-six !) layers design platter, incorporating 18 different materials with defined energy transfer speed – combined in the optimum sequence.
- Incorporating Vinyl, Tungsten HD18, Titanium, AW6082 Alloy, 1.4401 Vanadium Steel – plus a defined mixture of organic material layers pressed together and bounded by natural resin.
- Featuring the unique APOLYT-concept inner platter design – and going beyond
- The ASTELLAR’s platter is 100% non-resonant, with a truly unique design
concept featuring an absolute non-reflecting inner surface.
- Designed to provide the utmost possible pitch-black deep dark “sonic background” – to allow the tiniest details to appear unforced and natural and thus to integrate swiftly into the all-harmonic sonic picture provided.
- The platter spindle is fully decoupled and isolated from the bearing and featuring
an inner thread to allow optimized coupling of the vinyl record to a material-identical platter surface by screw-on clamp as well as any record weight.
- A bi-radial, unique adjustable push-pull magnetic bearing, completely
maintenance-free – proving a perfect isolated and vibration-free rotation.
- Complete air-suspended plinth with 1.2 Hz resonance frequency.
- Accurate 3-point precision leveling with tilt prevention.
- Plinth featuring three levels made from 3 different Aluminum alloys –
with inlays of Titanium and vibration-absorbing gel.
- Tonearm mounting boards with “Zero-tolerance” –
automatic perfect re-location design: each tonearm mounted and aligned on one position can be moved to any of the
three positions without ANY re-alignment / recalibration needed.
- Arm boards with defined and maximized energy transfer.
- Double-point brushless DC motor belt drive – with active dynamic control motor
management – and free of any parasitic side force / drag applied to the platter.
- Double flywheel drive – with maximized inertia incorporated in the active
- Decoupled bearing level and tonearm mounting board level from
- Speed 33, 45, and 78 – all fully stabilized with below 0.01 derivation from
- External power supply 17″ x 15″ x 5″
- Including motor management, full dc-supply,
air suspension control.
- Connection and wiring between power supply and turntable
supplied by LEMO.
- Available in a choice of 5 selected finishes:
metallic black, APOLYT-dark anthracite,
dark Titanium, silver, and light Titanium.
- Pre-drilled and perfectly positioned pre-cut arm boards for
each and all tonearms desired.
- Pre-assembled in 5 units – none of them exceeding 59 lbs gross weight –
for easy and swift set-up.
- Gross dimensions
27″ x 18′ x 9″
- Gross footprint
25″ x 16″
- Net weight ASTELLAR turntable
- Net weight ASTELLAR power supply
See the video below courtesy of The Tracking Angle. Also, a presentation by the designer can be seen here.
Exceptionally high levels of execution mark all Acoustical Systems products; manufacturing and finish are of the highest order, with considerable thought being devoted to materials and design. The attention to detail shows in performance, where if there is a "company sound," it is of a natural, non-fatiguing, well-integrated, highly musical presentation, yet rich with the sort of musical detail that makes listening to great audio, such a memorable experience.