With the MU1, Grimm Audio's goal was to set a new benchmark in music player design. The Linux-based computer system brings solid data integrity. Their in-house-designed FPGA interface board, which forms the heart of the MU1, offers breakthrough performance levels in format conversion and receives automatic updates whenever they have pushed the boundaries again. Needless to say, the MU1 features their trademark ultra-low jitter clock. This is a music player worthy of the name Grimm Audio. The MU1 is the ultimate digital music source.
Once excellent sound quality is ensured, the quality of a music player is then defined by the user experience. For this, they partnered with Roon Labs, who in their opinion are in the lead when it comes to a rich and engaging music experience that appeals to your whole family. The MU1 runs the Roon Core server, so no extra installs are necessary. Just pick up your tablet and experience the music.
The MU1 Music Player takes performance yet one step further up, leading on a new road to perfection.
Here's an interesting tech talk video : https://youtu.be/otV-2IsarFM
The Stereophile review by John Atkinson can be read here.
Parttimeaudiophile reviewed the Grimm MU1. Read the story here:
6 Moons review: here
See the video from High End show in Munich : https://youtu.be/My6iiB2iIVE
- Roon Core and Roon End Point integrated
- ultra high up- and downsampling precision
- ultra low clock jitter
- seamless integration with LS1 series
- excellent source for 3rd party DACs
- all sample rates and formats supported
- surround playback option with 6 digital output channels (Pending)
- AES, spdif and optical digital stereo inputs
- high performance FM receiver
- external USB and NAS storage, optional internal SSD
- Tidal and Qobuz support
- 355 x 85 x 295mm (WxHxD)
- 5 year limited warranty