Zesto Tessera Phonostage
Andros Tessera - Key Features For A Quieter and More Musical Phonostage
- Completely new 100% tube analog circuit design with optimized components.
- Dynamic range increased from 108dBV to 116dBV, so the quietest parts are quieter, louder parts are louder.
- Loading on the secondary of the MC transformer to capture the most detail from the cartridge.
- 12 position MC load per channel with more finessed adjustable options like 1000, 800, 700, 500, 400, 350, 300, 250, 200, 150, 100, 50 Ohms
- Two completely independent dual mono channels, with LED indicators for A and B
- Gain is improved up to 7dB, which increases the output volume to better match your cartridge to your system.
- The voltage increases from 250V to 300V for more headroom.
- The power increases from 52W to 60W to provide more energy needed to reproduce the highs and lows of music accurately.
- The amps increase from 3.4 A to 8 A to provide more current to the tubes.
- Maximum output improved from 8V RMS to 12V RMS increases the headroom to allow more musical peaks like trumpet and drums.
- New 12DW7 tubes improve the amplification to better drive the output tubes which gives you lower noise, more headroom and lower distortion.
- Dual chassis external power supply
- New Toroid design ESP Supply replaces the linear regulated power supply which generates significantly less noise by concentrating the magnetic fields.
- The dark black noise levels went from -90dB to -95dB.
- New PCB layout with significantly more grounding for lower noise.
- Dual chassis with 3-meter RFI filtered umbilical cable to eliminate external noise.
- Dedicated output tubes drive high-quality output transformers to create a true differential low-impedance output for lower noise and ideal transfer of power to the preamp.
- True floating ground, transformer-balanced XLR inputs and outputs
- New grounding throughout to further reduce the internal and external noise.
- Switching on relays so there’s no digital chatter.
- Easily adjustable MC “Load on the fly” without clicks or pops so you can hear the change
- Elegantly designed 16-gauge steel enclosure to help isolate the electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment
- All the RCA and XLR connectors are Gold plated for better conductance and lower corrosion
- Accommodates 4 tonearms, 1 MM, and 1 MC per channel
- All settings are saved when you switch between channels
- More energy-efficient Standby power that reduces the drain from 7w to 0.5W.
- All switches and knobs are easily accessible, with nothing hidden inside to adjust
- Recessed RCA connectors are durable and will hold up to the typical Audiophile who loves to change their configuration
- Each unit is hand built “Made in the USA”
- 50-hour factory burn in on all circuits and vacuum tubes before final testing
See here for more details!
Made in the USA